Looking for the ultimate family & friends holiday?
Family Fun at Ant’s
Ant’s Nest and Ant’s Hill in South Africa’s malaria-free Waterberg Game Reserve are undoubtedly two of the most child friendly safari lodges found in Africa. Family safaris are Ant’s speciality – but what makes them pretty unique is that the lodges welcome children of all ages on their game viewing activities. There are no lion or elephant in the reserve which makes it very safe, even for small children.
It’s a true “home from home” experience - but with a wonderful African twist - rhino grazing just metres from your heated swimming pool, 90 beautiful horses living wild on the reserve, standing by to take you out on a wildlife adventure, dinners lit up by the stars above –and a vast variety of thrilling safari activities ‘on the menu’, including:
• Guided 4x4 game drives by day and night • Guided walks and walking safaris
• Bug and ‘spoor’ walks / learn to become a ranger • Led pony rides for beginners or under 4’s
• Riding lessons • Riding safaris
• Swimming with the horses (seasonal) • Rhino tracking
• Snake and reptile talks / handling • Fishing (seasonal)
• Mountain biking (age limits apply) • Archery
• Night sky safaris (additional charge) • Visit to a local children’s home (additional charge)
These 'Bush Homes' are intimate enough to offer maximum flexiblity - so there are no fixed times and all activities are tailored to each family's needs. Parents decide when and where to enjoy dinner, whether the day calls for leisurely 'down time' or a chance to head out together for some family bonding in the bush whilst spotting over 40 species of game including rhino, buffalo, giraffe, zebra and many species of antelope. The Ants lodges have a selection of wonderful ponies catering to both the novice and experienced child rider. Both have comfortable, family friendly accommodation with choices ranging from an extra bed in your suite to a private family cottage for 6. Extra facilities at each lodge include a heated swimming pool, trampoline, badminton & volleyball courts as well as a selection of books and toys.
This is just one suggestion for a private holiday.... contact us for more ideas!