How to book
Click here for Ride World Wide Booking Conditions
How to Book: A few easy steps:
- FIRST you need to call or email us to check availability for the ride and dates you have in mind and for any advice you require on the ride or on flights bookings.
- THEN, once we have confirmed availability, we will send you a booking form to complete and return to us with your deposit - usually 20% of the trip cost but more for some rides or if you book at short notice. We will confirm when we send you your booking form.
- ONCE we have confirmed availability and sent you a booking form, we will hold you a place provisionally for a few days to allow you time to complete and return the form, but you should do so as promptly as possible as we generally cannot hold provisional places for more than 10 days. Please note that when accepting your booking we rely on the information you give us in your booking form, including information about riding ability and weight. If there are inaccuracies we may need to change your itinerary or even ask you not to ride, so please complete the form accurately.
- WHEN we receive your completed booking form and deposit we will send you a confirmation invoice to confirm your booking. We will also send you details of what to take and information on health and visas.
- THE balance payable for your trip will be due 8 weeks before your departure date and about 2 weeks before you depart, we will send you airline tickets (if appropriate), a detailed itinerary setting out the arrangements made and also local contact names and numbers for emergencies.
- That's it! It's easy but if you have any questions at any time, please call us.
Financial Security: Many holidays sold by us that include flights from the UK are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Ride World Wide Limited is also a member of the Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust (ABTOT) and protection under the bonding scheme administered by ABTOT may apply. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate
Booking Conditions: Your booking is accepted by us on the basis of our terms and conditions which also cover your cancellation rights (terms and conditions are available within our brochure).
Visas and Health: We will send you general information on visas and health formalities for the country to which you are travelling on confirmation of your booking, although these matters are subject to change and you must check that you comply with all current requirements before you depart.
Flights: If you would like a quotation for a holiday package that includes an international flight, please ask us. Where there is a choice of airline flying to your chosen destination, we can advise on the most appropriate to use, taking into account flight times and ride meeting arrangements and where you are visiting more than one centre, we can also book add-on flights. For most destinations, to ensure you consistent quality, value and reliability, we prefer to use British Airways, one of the world’s biggest and longest established carriers. With British Airways, flight times are generally convenient for our ride meeting arrangements and you have the option of regional departures as well a variety of fare classes and cabin accommodation. Please click here for further details.
Where you ask us to quote for a flight inclusive package, unless you specifically request an upgrade, we will do so using special ‘inclusive tour’ economy airfares and you should note that these have restrictions on amendments and changes. On request, we can upgrade flights, for example to British Airways World Traveller Plus, Club World or First, making your flight more comfortable with many additional benefits from award winning flat beds, to à la Carte dining. Sometimes these upgrade fares also have restrictions that limit changes, and if you require complete flexibility, we’d be happy to book you higher fare, fully flexible tickets. Where we make flight bookings for you, information on flight times, aircrafts and airports will be included in your confirmation invoice, although airline procedures mean these details can change. Final details will be shown in your tickets so you should always check these very carefully.Occasionally there may be changes to flight times even after tickets have been issued. We will pass these on to you as soon as possible after they are notified to us. Most flights require reconfirmation of the return sector and you should always note reconfirmation conditions carefully.
Safety when Riding: We strongly advise everyone joining a riding trip organised through us to wear a well fitting hard hat when riding. This is for your own safety (children under 18 yrs are required to wear a hard hat). Generally there will be no hats to borrow so you will need to take your own and this is necessary in any case, to ensure a good fit. Whilst you are riding or in the vicinity of horses in the care of the guide or operator of your trip you will be expected to comply with the instructions of that person and it is a condition of your booking that you accept that that person is entitled to require you to dismount or to refuse to allow you to ride if for any reason (including your inability, behaviour or health) they consider you may endanger the safety or welfare of the horses or of any person. There are inherent risks in riding and in being around horses, which are independent creatures, can be unpredictable and can act unexpectedly and many of the trips we arrange also include riding in areas that are remote and / or where there is potentially dangerous game, difficult terrain or other conditions that can be hazardous. Safety services and back-up infrustructure may also be more limited than usual. By booking to take part in one of these trips, you are confirming that you are aware of and accept these risks. You may also be required to sign a separate acknowledgement and acceptance of personal liability by the local ride operator before starting your ride.